#5 Who’s Hijacking Your Mind?
I’m Maseh Hadaf, and this is DeepTox. Thank you for being here with me.
- Who controls your mind?
- Do you give it away for free?
- How do we reclaim our mindshare?
Economics of Mindshare
“If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?” -George Orwell
Mindshare is a resource limited by time, tempered by energy, unlimited in its possibility. What do you spend your time thinking about? (current events, social media, pop culture)
- World of Advertising’s concept of mindshare.
- DeepTox advertising.
- What consumes your unconscious mindshare? (broader environment, core beliefs)
- What pulls you (phone) and frames what’s possible, or good and right to think about?
- What thoughts do you stop yourself from thinking?
- What do you actually want to think about?
Re-creating your mindshare
- The principle of unlearning, to understand more by learning less. Using the senses/heart to understand differently.
- Meditation (waste of time?)
- Deep learning. Skim-reading, skim-watching, skim-skimming. Summaries.
- The power of the mind, and its imagination. Remembering its value, its scarcity and its abundance.
- “”The soul becomes dyed with the colour of its thoughts.” Marcus Aurelius